Hi everyone, back home at last! The first day was spent sitting in shock in blazing sunlight, like one of those moments in a fred and ginger film when they flick the lights on the set and everyone starts dancing! The second day Julian went to work and I went for a walk with the cats and on the third I had to go to Paris! My third nasty cough of the season has ensured julian and I didn’t get too close until I came back and yesterday I think I finally landed! Collecting logs, cleaning the grate, waxing the French farmhouse table, and making a hearty soup of roast pumpkin, ginger, cinnamon and sweet potato while J was out painting did the trick, and just to make me feel at home he improvised a mad apple soufflee at midnight and ate it all himself! Right now he is making a chocolate cake in preparation for friends comin for our first dinner party tomorrow. They own a very famous restaurant in Rhode Island so, although I promised a simple meal, Julian is getting very excited and creative! The festive season is indeed upon us!
Unfortunately I am working a lot (next week in Cannes, thereafter in paris – better than Bradford I suppose!) We will just be the two of us, which is the nicest thing we can imagine right now after three months apart!
happy holidays everyone, lots of love ruthxx
Friday, December 17, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Anyone fancy Top Trumps?
Your Best or Worst motor £400 bought off Dad.. He'd tow me round Chinnor with his Saab to get it to start.. so new engine and off to ...
-
Hello, Just to let you in on some upcoming life events for me and Clive. Last week I handed in my resignation to Oxford University as I have...
-
hi all from me on tour again in a very dodgey hotel in grenoble whose murals would not get into the pompidou....but lovely music and off to ...
No comments:
Post a Comment